The argument for an Arizona homeowner installing solar is now better than it has ever been.
In net terms, the advantages now far outweigh the disadvantages.
- Once the initial system cost is paid, the power your system produces is free. In most cases, the system cost is paid by just a portion of the savings from your monthly utility bill, with the balance of savings going into your pocket every month.
- Installing solar lets you lock your cost of power for up to 25 years (the life of your system), so you avoid most utility rate increase. Savings the first month may be low, near $50, but in 10, 20, 30 years, the monthly savings could be $300 plus.
- Additional monthly savings can result from you selling excess solar energy back to the utility company or receiving utility bill credits. Today, APS will pay you 10.4 cents per kilowatt hour.
- Battery Storage is following the path of solar panels, with cost dropping fast. When you’re ready, you can add battery storage to your system, allowing you to save even more. You may even consider getting off the utility grid completely someday, soon.
- Today’s systems are highly reliable, with little to no maintenance required, and equipment typically comes with a 20 to 25-year warranty. For its homeowners, AZ Sun Services now matches that equipment warranty period, with a 20-year installation labor warranty, plus it provides homeowners with a system electricity output guarantee for the first three years after installation.
- Solar energy is abundant, environmentally friendly, and produces no noise because there’s no moving mechanical parts.
Nathan and his team did an amazing job from start to finish and beyond. They were available to answer all my questions and had my system up and running very quickly.
I installed in October and APS already owed me a nice chunk of change. I interviewed 5 different companies and I know I made the right choice with AZ Sun Services.